Friday, April 6, 2012

Here's To Now

I sho' haven't posted anything in a while.
Has my life finally been filled with the excitement I've been craving for?:D
Nope.
Yet so much has happened since I've blogged last. But what's it matter?
I've once again lost so much care in many things in life.
The question that haunts me once again being, what's the purpose in life, or of life??
When I start to think about this question, I think about the way people (such as myself) dress, and what importance that has. None. 
I also think about money, and purchases and investments, and how it gets people "places". 
Why must we live and die by the dollar? Why has it become so important? I simply cannot wrap my mind around this, and it drives me crazy. Mostly because I don't want to be controlled by an idol such as this, but it seems to have so much importance, as well as it's brother: time.
There just isn't enough of it. 
I had an odd thought the other day. I can't say that there isn't a person I know who doesn't own pairs and pairs of shoes. Yet there are people in this country as well as others who don't own any real shoes, and have to make flip-flops out of plastic bottles and whatever they can find. How is one supposed to feel about that? I wish I had a great influence on the world so that I can change situations in the world such as these. It's quite sad. 
Back to the question: what is the purpose of life- I sometimes find myself trying to figure out what is really important to me. Is it religion? Not anymore, I say with regrets. I feel like I've kind of become agnostic. 
I have never said that aloud. I grew up in an overly-Christian home, still a part of the family that has preachers and gospel-ly people, but that's just not the thing I devote my time to. 
Well, the things that do top my list of important things become: Music; art; people... animals and nature... education...
I really need to make better use of my time. THAT's my top priority. *Sigh* 
I have so much more to say, but I feel like I'm being really depressing. But who gives a damn?
...
I can't think of anything positive to say.
At least I know I am still loved.
Yay, me.


Au revoir, les amis.(:

No comments:

Post a Comment